Social-Emotional Learning ( SEL ) and Capacity building skills,
helps to enhance a child’s and a young adults confidence to be able to succeed in life.
Social-Emotional Learning & Capacitiy Building skills.
"NDIS" implements creative Social, and Emotional Learning (SEL) techniques from 2nd grade through to 8th grade to help clients to become more self aware. Also to help understand and self regulate emotions and thoughts and find new ways to help positive behaviour.
- Self-Management. ..manage stress, improve concentration and feel more confident!!
- Responsible Decision Making. …able to make clear and positive decisions.
- Social Awareness - to be able to find new positive ways to communicate , and to foster more compassion, gratitude and empathy.
- Relationship Skills. Being able to develop healthy skills to communicate with friends, family and the community.
The development of these skills has shown overall positive results, including better academic performance, improved attitudes, behaviours and relationships with peers, as well as deeper connection to school, and the community and reduce emotional distress (depression, anxiety, stress and social withdrawal).
Clients also learn about how their brain is structured and how it functions. With understanding of how the brain works, this can give the client more empowerment and control that can foster how they think, feel and behave.
Clients and students learns how to develop focused attention, emotional balance, and well-being helps to develop mindful awareness. This helps to improve their confidence.
- Positive behaviour management means giving children and young adults attention when they behave well, rather than punishing them when they don't.
- Understanding behaviour helps us to choose the most appropriate behaviour management strategies.